Dell Inspiron M101z Discussion on the 11.6" AMD-powered Inspiron M101z

(#1) Old
Default Video output stability issues to overhead projectors - 12-03-2010, 03:55 PM

We have a batch of M101z recently purchased and imaged the O/S with SCCM to run Windows 7 professional

Have just found that connecting the device to overhead projector and then "duplicating the display" the video output to the projector is stable for < 1 minute.

Tried apply BIOS A05 and same results
Have been around the block for hours with multiple Dell techs analyzing drivers etc. without any results

Has got to be something we can do other than try replacing mother boards

Thank you for your ideas in advance
  (#2) Old
Default 12-03-2010, 06:17 PM

Have you tried:

Take away the projector and instead try a monitor? I just connected an old dell 15" LCD to the VGA out on my m101z and it came right up in "duplicate" mode. I then changed it to "extended" mode and everything is fine and stable. (It was stable in both modes) In my experience not all projectors are compatible with every computer. if it works okay with a monitor, then you'll know.

Check all settings in ATI Catalyst Control Center? Sometimes CCC does a better job than the Windows display utilities.

Uninstall/reinstall the ATI and CCC drivers and application.

Try one of the other m101z units you have. Highly unlikely it's a hardware problem and even less likely it's a hardware problem in multiple units.

Black Dell M101z
2GB ram
250GB hard drive
Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit

« Mini 9 to M101z - Random Thoughts | Dell Inspiron M101z now available in the Dell Outlet »