Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#1) Old
Default Win 8 preview and docking station turns off wifi? - 06-06-2012, 10:15 PM

I ordered the Dell dock from ebay, picked up a new one for 40 bucks. My Duo has been running Win 8 (latest) and it runs awesomely with it...faster, smoother.

As SOON as I plugged it into the dock, the wifi went off. It's not detecting the device, but does list it. I have reinstalled drivers, etc, but any ideas why it would turn off or disable the wifi? Does the dock have wifi built in and "took over" my wifi on the Duo?

I know it's hard cuz of the win 8 preview....but any ideas how I can get the thing to work normal again would be great. I am probably going to reinstall all of the software that came with the duo, using a copy/paste of the CD onto a USB stick.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Ahhh...somehow it turned it off and I wasn't pressing the button to turn it back on hard enough? Function + F3 or something. Agh. Works awesomely now! Really nice speakers.

Sorry guys and gals!

« Why does a mod have to approve every post I make? | Docking station will not charge »