Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#1) Old
Exclamation Intermittant "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" - 02-02-2012, 08:46 PM

My Dell Inspiron Duo is a great little unit, and It has served me well for nearly two years. Once when new, and twice now in the last few weeks, the machine has quit functioning and displays a blue screen, but with some white pixil hash showing in the upper left corner like it might be a garbled error message. As it is, it is so garbled as to be unreadable, but it is in horizontal lines which leads me to think it might be a message.

When it did this as new, I contacted Dell and got a case number, etc. to return it. But after rebooting, the problem did not once repeat- until recently.

So far my solution has been a hard reboot via the power switch, and the problem is gone.

There didn't seem to be any overheating involved, nor was I asking it to do anything requiring extra hard disc energy.

I have CA AV and keep it up to date.

Have any of you had this experience? And if so did you find a reason and/or solution?

Thanks in advance!
  (#2) Old
Default 02-03-2012, 01:42 PM

I haven't experienced the issue you describe but am curious about one thing in your post. You said the computer is nearly 2 yrs old, but I pre-ordered mine in November 2010 (it hadn't been released yet to the general public), and it didn't ship until about a month later. Was yours a pre-release test unit of some sort?

blue screen, display error, garbled display, reboot, screen failure

« Linux | Using Magnetometer/Accelerometer to launch programs »