Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#1) Old
Default Is anyone here using or tried a 3G or 4G wireless usb card? - 12-16-2011, 05:39 PM

Just wondering if you are using one, and if so, which one? I did a "chat" with a Dell rep about 6 months ago regarding this and he said "4G will work, but only with Sprint."

I never got a chance to try it, but now am back in the market -- so I did the chat again just to confirm, and I find the the duo is no longer available (ok, besides the point) -- but was told it would work with "any 3g/4g" card.

Will be going to AT&T after work today or tomorrow to see what they have available, but thought I'd check if any of you may have some feedback or suggestions one way or another...
  (#2) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to pappyfire
Default 12-20-2011, 12:47 AM

I had a VZW 3G USB a while back, sorry do not recall what the model was. It worked OK. I have now upgraded to a 4G LTE MiFi (also Vzw) and it is fantastic! Depending on where I am, I get anywhere from 14M to 25M down and 8M to 14M up speeds.
  (#3) Old
Default 12-20-2011, 01:43 PM

14-25 down is FLYING!
I finally got a chance to try with a AT&T 3/4G USB card. Drove all over town, trying different areas. Sometimes it connected, sometimes not. When it did, speedtest showed about 2-3 download. Not bad, I guess.

Oddly, my ATT Dell Streak 5 is also AT&T and gets srevice ANYWHERE so far, so I'm wondering why the card had so much trouble connecting in so many places...

Any ideas?

Gonna try Sprint next weekend and will report back for anyone that's also curious. I have to buy a wireless card for work, so I'm trying different ones before "commiting".

Last edited by kbayer; 12-20-2011 at 10:17 PM.

« Passing the torch | Duo is ordered!! Before I order this too has anyone tested it?! »