Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#1) Old
Default BSOD Blue Screen Of Death after virus removal - 08-25-2011, 12:14 PM

Hello Guys,

hopefully someone's smarter than me or maybe had this issue before. I got this computer off my brother who had a virus. I stuck in a usb bootable thumb drive and removed a bunch of viruses on this pc and now comes up with a very quick BSOD screen and then immediately reboots, same when booting up in same mode/ect. I went ahead and did a complete factory restore 2x and same using the dell datasafe image back to factory. I also did a disk wipe on the pc drive and then tried to factory image it back and same, no luck. Anyone have any similar issues? I cannot even read the BSOD message as it just instantly reboots as soon as the blue screen flashes up.

My brother says he only had it for three weeks from dell so debating on having him just take it back and sending it back to them. Any suggestions?
  (#2) Old
Default 08-25-2011, 12:25 PM

When the computer restarts after the bsod and after the Dell logo, keep hitting f8 key until windows advanced options come up.

Then select disable automatic restart on system failure. That should give you time on the bsod to read the 0x number.

Report back or google that error code and away you go.

Usually hardware issues anyways I.e hard drive or ram, or something plugged into the duo. I.e printer or USB device.

Let us know

« Duo Dock charges but wont play sound. | "Dock - Clock - Stop" issue (Sorry, couldn't resist) »