Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#11) Old
Default 07-26-2011, 05:11 PM

Yeah, tell me about it. First they shipped me a unit with an insane amount of dead pixels, had onsite tech support break about 7 screens on several repair attempts, got dell to exchange finally, the replacement had the touch input problems, had the depot format the HD and send it back w/o fixing the unit, and finally had onsite repair manage to properly replace the hardware. 6 months, about 10 hours on the phone, 2 shipping screwups, and about 12 hours with onsite repair.... I like the duo, but I'll think twice before ever buying another Dell.
  (#12) Old
Default 08-04-2011, 01:52 AM

I finally got them to exchange it after two trips to repair depot and the new one had the exact same problems and they wanted me to send it in for repair. I really liked the duo but I was tired of it so I got a full refund and bought a Acer Iconia android tablet.
  (#13) Old
Default Same problem here. - 11-06-2011, 04:33 PM

I can't believe I'm having the same issue here, if I close my lid after while half of my screen stop working. Only if I restart it come back to work. I imported the laptop, I'm in Brasil right now so I don't think they will support the laptop in here. Can't believe I sent the money in something that would give me problem after only 5 month using. :-/

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

I found something:
EETI eGalax Touch
Looks like it's the driver from the manufacturer of the touchscreen. I installed, let's see if will solve the prolem.

« quick office for duo? | Bad Tech Support »