Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#1) Old
Default dell datasafe problem - 06-11-2011, 07:55 PM

hey guys
i got a new external dvd writer today and first order of buisness was the make those backup dvds so i can get on with a fresh install..

so i start up the program and make the system recovery on first..
went ok untill it was verifying the disc, get to 72% and sticks there for ages and comes up with an non specific error, and says the the next time i run the back up it will run from this point, cancell of continue, so i clicked continue, it asks for another disc and away it goes.. same result.

ive been through 4 discs now..

at this point i thought maybe i got a duff dvd drive, then i decided to check the dvds that it made, and strangely it can read the disc as the recovery disc..? they are all like that.

i tried the drivers and apps and it was much the same, so i tried the disc afterward and all it backed up was the webcam software...

ive tried burning a avi to a disc and playing it from the dvd and it works fine, skipped through to different points in the film with out issue.

so im thinking its something to do with dell datasafe being not very good software... or do i have a duff dvd writer??

as the dvd writer is brand new i cant see it being that (but i know every now and again it can happen) but i cant be sure.

anyone give us some feed back??

« Downloading iTunes | just a couple of questions guys! :) »