Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#1) Old
Arrow External Display with Inspiron Duo - 05-04-2011, 02:06 PM

Hi All,

I have been using my Inspiron Duo for 2 weeks now primarily for business use and I have to say its handling pretty well. I have a large office and desk with this little tablet and I have been thinking about docking the tablet into the Audio station, then using an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Has anyone had any experience with the USB to VGA adapters?? I would like to hook up the tablet to a 22" widescreen LCD but I'm hesitant to make that investment only to find the screen either doesnt extend, or stays the same size but on a 22" monitor (meaning lots of black around the edges).

Any help here would be most appreciated.

FYI- I use Windows 7 Prof. with Microsoft Office 10. I keep 90% of my files and programs on a server so the tablet is virtually bare minus a few programs here and there if memory and HD space is an issue.

(#2) Old
Default USB Video adapter - 05-04-2011, 05:19 PM

Hello! I've had great success with the Plugable UGA-125 Display adapter, which I got on Amazon: Plugable UGA-125 USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapter for Multiple Monitors up to 1280x1024 / 1440x900 Each - DisplayLink DL-125 Chip: Electronics

It supports both extended and cloned displays and works with DVI, VGA, and HDMI via included adapters. It also has an option to optimize for video by apparently compressing and/or downgrading the quality, though not so much that it made a noticeable difference. I've tried both the VGA and HDMI adapters, and they work great. I've also tried both 19" and 32" LCD HDTVs, and it worked well with both. I use it regularly at work to get a dual-screen display experience. I definitely recommend it.

« Screen too glary causing eye-ache | Is there a hidden VGA? »