Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#11) Old
Default 01-03-2012, 12:25 PM

Okay, so here we are about 8 months into owning the Duo. I use it almost every day, and still like it but I am disappointed in some of its features. For my intended use tablet mode is useless. I bought this to use as a tablet more than a netbook and have not been able to do so. The main reason is I have not found a suitable on screen keyboard for note taking. I don't want to be able to type on the OSK like a regular keyboard but I would like one that has keys large enough so that you can actually use them. This might just be me being picky though. Now that Dell seems to have decided to drop the product I suppose I will keep it until my extended warranty runs out in about four more years. Maybe it will die and they will have to replace it with what ever is current when it dies, ha fat chance of that.

Over all I would rate the Duo about 7.5 on a scale of 10. I just wish Dell would have fixed some of the design issues, added the second mini PCI connector and really offered it with 3G or 4G broadband capability. Oh well, it is the marketing thing, a few cents more in cost translates to many $ in price.

Inspiron Mini 1012, 2GB RAM, T-Mobile Wireless Broadband, 1366 x 768 screen upgrade
Inspiron Duo, Office Pro 2010, openSuSE 12.1 64bit
  (#12) Old
Default 02-23-2012, 04:01 AM

Just wondering if the install of the EM770U went smooth, I just purchased the WWAN card on ebay and praying that it works in my inspiron 11z (1121)

« Which would be best to go for? | WinXP on Inspiron Duo »