Dell Inspiron Duo Forum for discussion on the netbook/tablet hybrid by Dell, the Inspiron Duo.

(#81) Old
Default 12-13-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by friedje View Post
I just use my android phone for 3g tethering and for GPS to the duo.
Dell just screwed up. and anyway if you use a GPS, do you hold it in front of your eyes ??? Because with the non existing viewing angles of the duo screen, you can only use it
that way.
Thats the lighter solution, I search for harder I think for GPS this screen is unusable (viewing angle very poor), but I want to 3G, and hate the usb cables And which holder do you use for Duo on the car? I will try to soldering the minicard and sim connector when I have it. Any idea, where can I buy SIM connector?

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Originally Posted by steinersupport View Post
I've been looking for a good program to share my gps with my computer now that I'm using android, what do you use?
I think you should buy a bluetooth GPS (very cheap yet), its better and no sucks with the phone settings
  (#82) Old
Default GPS for the Duo does exist. - 06-22-2012, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by wastra View Post
Yes- I have both bluetooth and GPS. I just assumed it was standard.
The GPS on my Duo worked just fine. I got Windows Streets and Trips softare. (Ver 11)
Then my hard drive crapped out. Sent the Duo back to Dell. It was returned with the motherboard AND hard drive replaced. No sign of a GPS in it anywhere. I have seen mention by some that only Skyhook worked for location services.
I have been "working" with Dell Tech support about getting this working for over a month.
I bought an external USB GPS which I'll use in the car. (got that from Amazon for about $26.
I have a Garmin GPS but the Streets and Trips is easier/better to access things like hotels and eating places. Duo screen is bigger too.

« Docking station will not charge | Stylus? »