Dell Inspiron 11z Discussion on Dells 11.6inch "notebook", the Dell Inspiron 11z

(#1) Old
Default 11z speaker problem - 06-20-2010, 01:46 PM

I've had my 11z for a little while now, but recently it has developed a problem; my speakers seem to have packed in. Audio is fine via the HDMI cable and using headphones/speakers via the audio out. The problem is only occurring via the in-built speakers.

I first noticed a problem when the Realtek audio manager icon would flash up about an audio device being connected and disconnected (the same notice you get when connecting and disconnecting a microphone). This coincided with the speakers dropping in and out. Eventually the speakers just stopped working and no further realtek notices would flash up.

I'm pretty sure this means my speakers are dead, but was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem and how they went about getting it fixed.

I've flipped the palm rest off and had a look inside. It seems that the speakers can be swapped out for new ones without much hassle, but I can't seem to find any info on buying them from Dell.

I bought the laptop used off of ebay, so there's no hope of getting this fixed under warranty.
  (#2) Old
Default 06-20-2010, 09:43 PM

First try unplugging the speaker cable from the motherboard and then reinserting it in case there is a loose connection.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#3) Old
Default 06-23-2010, 05:01 PM

tried that without success.

« Screen brightness adjustment software | Windows 7 32-bit webcam driver! »