Dell Inspiron 11z Discussion on Dells 11.6inch "notebook", the Dell Inspiron 11z

(#1) Old
Default Battery replacement - credit where it's due - 05-04-2010, 03:40 PM

I've had my 11z for about 6 months now and have recently noticed that I don't seem to be getting as long out of the battery as I used to. It's still pretty impressive (esp compared with the original Eee 4G I came from), but just not as good as I'd come to expect.

I checked it out on Everest and CPUID HWMonitor and both show a wear rate of 20%. Despite pretty heavy usage in those 6 months, I'm generally pretty careful with the battery so I was surprised at this.

I contacted Dell support last week via email and received a response within 12 hours offering a no quibble replacement and giving me a choice of days this week to arrange the swap. Have to say I'm very impressed with the swiftness and helpfulness of the response, especially as Dell don't always get the best customer service reputation. The battery's due on Thursday, let's hope they keep up the good experience!

Their response indicated that they expect 12 months usage before any noticeable degradation of the battery, so if you've had yours a while now, it may be worth checking the wear rate before you get to this 12 month point.

11z SU4100 2GB Win7
  (#2) Old
Default 05-05-2010, 01:28 AM

The battery in my 11z completely died after just two months. I called and they overnighted a replacement to me. Thats good customer service in my eyes. All I order at work is Dell servers/workstations/laptops and in 5 years I've only ever had problems with 2 workstations (both opti's, both mobo's) and they had a replacement part there in a day.
  (#3) Old
Default 05-06-2010, 12:37 PM

Mine died within 2 months as well. Dell did replace thankfully but I'll SOL once the warranty lapses.

Dell Inspiron 11z Obsidian Black - Windows 7 x86
Dell XPS M1210 Matte Black - Windows 7 x64 | Ubuntu 9.04
Asus EeePC 701 - Windows XP nLite
  (#4) Old
Default 06-04-2010, 12:56 AM

Got my battery warrentied today. Sent a replacement. Great Service. Nice job Dell!

Dell Inspiron 11z - Celeron 723 Processor - 4GB 800mhz RAM - Western Digital 250GB AV-25 - Intel 5300 Wireless N - Dell 365 Bluetooth - Windows 7 Professional x64

« Bad and cut image (11z -> LCD TV) (HDMI-> HDMI) | Weight of extended battery for 11z? »