Dell Inspiron 11z Discussion on Dells 11.6inch "notebook", the Dell Inspiron 11z

(#1) Old
Default Hibernate causes video issues with Intel 1930 drivers - 01-27-2010, 10:13 AM

I installed the latest Intel 1930 video drivers on both a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 11z. Sometimes when resuming from hibernate the screen goes funny - it looks like the video buffer is being overwritten with data - there are streaky lines that look like binary data and they flicker. Has anyone else seen this issue? I installed the latest drivers as they significantly improve the 3D gaming performance when playing Spore etc.

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to erikistired Send a message via MSN to erikistired Send a message via Yahoo to erikistired
Default 01-28-2010, 04:22 AM

i started having issues with the release before this one, and 1930 doesn't fix anything. they are just unstable for me. i'm back to running the latest ms update version (1872), and everything is fine again. not sure why all the problems all of a sudden, because the performance boosts would be nice.

it looks like the newest version on the intel site is 2021. have you tried those?

just woke my computer up from sleep to lots of lines and pixelization on my screen with the 2021 drivers. looks like it's back to 1872 for me.

Mini 10v | N270 | Windows 7 | 2GB | 500GB | BIOS A06
  (#3) Old
Default 01-29-2010, 02:00 PM

I can only confirm. But, since I do not use hibernation, it is almost a non-issue for me. I am hoping it is only a driver issue and will be fixed shortly.

« FN keys? & unknown device | Case for 11z »