Dell Inspiron 11z Discussion on Dells 11.6inch "notebook", the Dell Inspiron 11z

(#1) Old
Default losing sharpness of display when running on battery - 01-24-2010, 08:12 PM

i have a dell inspiron 11z. the display is sharp and well when connected to main power. but when the laptop is running on battery, it automatically switches to some display configuration and then sharpness of display is entirely lost. everything looks too white.

if you have browser running, the edges of tabs are not sharp. colors are not well displayed as well as everything appears more white.

are you guys aware of this and know how to turn off this behaviour; i have been playing around with power and display options but could not figure it out. fyi, when i connect it back to main power, the display immediately gets sharper.

thank you.
  (#2) Old
Default Display - 02-07-2010, 10:03 PM

Never experienced that on my 11Z.
  (#3) Old
Default 02-19-2010, 03:05 AM

yeah, i get the whiteout effect too, but mine comes and goes, especially when i switch from window to window. kind of strange. any tips on how to fix this, would be awesome... is there a new video driver for the 11z that's out maybe, that would fix this?

« Loading software w/o a CD drive | Lid Colour change! »