Dell Inspiron 11z Discussion on Dells 11.6inch "notebook", the Dell Inspiron 11z

(#1) Old
Default Problem connecting to the Dell Bluetooth Travel mouse - 01-13-2010, 09:42 PM

Anyone have issues connecting to the laptop after adding it as a device?

The mouse works after the initial pairing to the laptop. After that, if i turn the mouse off and on again i cant seem to connect to it anymore. What am i doing wrong?

To get it working, i need to remove it as a paired device and reinstall it again.
  (#2) Old
Default 01-14-2010, 10:15 AM

Mine works very well - maybe a driver issue? What Windows version are you using? Have you tried uninstalling the Bluetooth drivers and downloading the latest versions?

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#3) Old
Default 01-14-2010, 10:38 AM

Mine works very well on my Mini 9 on each boot - WIN 7 and XP.

Mind you, when my daughter installed WIN 7 on her Inspiron 6400 laptop (and WIN 7 works really well on the 6400), she had problems getting the BT to work - solved by downloading the Vista drivers for the 6400 from the DELL website.

(#4) Old
Default 01-14-2010, 07:23 PM

Im using Windows 7. Didnt know it needs drivers, i thought its plug and play.

The driver cd comes with the mouse do not work with win 7!
  (#5) Old
Default 01-14-2010, 11:44 PM

I had the same mouse under Win7. I didn't have any issues installing, it worked without the driver CD.
The connection was quite stable, however I had lots of unwanted movement from the mouse and it just didn't work accurately so I switched back to my old Microsoft BT mouse. I wish the Dell mouse would work better because it fits the black 11z perfectly...

« 11z, thoughts, impressions, likes and dislikes? | LCD panel plug same as Mini 1010? »