Dell Inspiron 11z Discussion on Dells 11.6inch "notebook", the Dell Inspiron 11z

(#11) Old
Default Vostro V13 - 01-11-2010, 07:10 PM

Check out the reviews on Dell's site on the V13, pretty high. I ordered mine, should get it tomorrow.
  (#12) Old
Send a message via AIM to erikistired Send a message via MSN to erikistired Send a message via Yahoo to erikistired
Default 01-12-2010, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by thundertracks View Post
Check out the reviews on Dell's site on the V13, pretty high. I ordered mine, should get it tomorrow.
i like the look of the v13 and the price is comparable to the 11z i'm building, but i don't understand why they offer 4gb of ram but only the 32 bit windows 7. just seems odd. and the price on the 4gb upgrade is about 50 bucks more than the 11z upgrade.

i guess if i'm going to reload it anyway i can just put 64 bit on, i'll have to look at drivers. the only other thing i don't see is a wimax card, but i can keep using my usb as i am now i suppose.

Mini 10v | N270 | Windows 7 | 2GB | 500GB | BIOS A06
  (#13) Old
Expert Member
Default 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM

I was on the phone with Dell yesterday asking a few questions to wrap up my spreadsheet comparo and was asking about the drive in the V13, SSD availability and swapability. He said it wasn't swappable, and they don't have any manuals posted on line, but looking at the case, it looks like it wouldn't be very end user mod friendly.

« Options for extra pciE slot | Problem connecting to the Dell Bluetooth Travel mouse »