Dell Inspiron 11z Discussion on Dells 11.6inch "notebook", the Dell Inspiron 11z

(#1) Old
Super Moderator
Default 11z Review in PC Pro magazine (U.K.) - 12-05-2009, 04:59 PM

In the latest edition of the UK computer magazine PC Pro they have a full page review of the 11z.

They were generally impressed with its good performance, impressive battery life and low price, and apparently they obtained 8 hours of light use out of the 6 cell battery.

Unfortunately though they were not so impressed with the build quality, saying that the chassis base 'creaks and twists when handled' (?) and of course they also criticised the 'dreadful' touchpad design, which they mentioned is also the same as on the Mini 10v.

So in summary, "A poor touchpad and below-par build quality undermine a budget laptop with plenty of potential".

Of course, this is just one persons opinion, so you can read into that what you will. I am sure that plenty of owners on here would disagree... well, perhaps not about the touchpad though!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#2) Old
Default 12-05-2009, 07:24 PM

After disabling all the extra features of the touchpad which I personally found not useful and annoying (zoom, rotate and what not) I have no problem with it, it works like any other touchpad.
I only left the scroll-function enabled and it works really well.
The build quality is mentioned as not so great in some reviews, I personally don't know what they are all talking about...
  (#3) Old
Default 12-08-2009, 05:38 PM

I dont understand what the "Review people" mean.

With my other laptops I've always used a mouse in preference to the touchpads as I never got on well the touchpads.

I've had no problem with the 11z touchpad under Vista or Win7. I find it pretty damm good really.

I love the 11z

11Z Win7, Dual Core, 4GB memory, 320GB HD, 6-cell battery

« UK mobile broadband | Zagg Invisible shield »