Dell Inspiron 11z Discussion on Dells 11.6inch "notebook", the Dell Inspiron 11z

(#1) Old
Default WLED Screen Issues (video) - 11-18-2009, 05:36 PM

I've posted this in the 11z forum but since this may apply to all dells im reposting it here, because i really need users experience to guide me. As you all know, trying to just get a simple answer from dell is like pulling teeth. My 11z came with a WLED panel. Ive only had experience with LED panels and have seen glowing reviews of this technology. great contrast, beautiful color,etc. Well, my screen has about a 2 degree angle of viewing "sweet spot" before i start shifting contrast and gamma to the point of becoming polarized. I simply want to know if this is what an WLED screen does, or if theres something wrong. Dell took me through the loops after a 2 hour call, then sent me a box to ship back and replace my screen.. But im not sure its actually faulty. Can you guys please take a look at this video and tell me if this is normal for WLED panel. Not the polarization when shifted away from me.. and you cant see it so well on this video but when tilted toward me it washes out, then fades almost 80 percent dark..

(#2) Old
Default 11-19-2009, 05:38 AM

LED is just the backlight - it has no effect on viewing angle, etc. That's all in the LCD design.

My Mini9 has a good screen with a decent viewing angle.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Optional WWAN for Inspiron 11z | Flash 10.1 awesomeness »