Dell Inspiron 11z Discussion on Dells 11.6inch "notebook", the Dell Inspiron 11z

(#1) Old
Default 11z hangs on bootup - 11-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Hi, I have had my 11z dual-core for a couple of weeks now. I took it touring in the States so I could book hotels each night and access my email with something better than a phone. I'm really happy with it but quite often it seems to hang on boot when running on battery. I have to connect the power, physically turn it off by holding the power button (which I always hate doing with Windows machines) and then restart.
It always hangs about halfway through the screen where the little yellow bars are moving along the bar above the words 'Microsoft Corporation'.
Its usually OK but has anyone else had this problem?
Its the only niggle I have with it.
Otherwise excellent little bit of kit.

Been in IT so long I remember getting excited that 10.5" floppy disks could store 1K.
  (#2) Old
Default 11-09-2009, 03:54 AM

I've had my 11z for about two weeks now, and I've been using it daily for 4-6 hours at a time. So far, I haven't noticed any hangs up on boot. I've used the 11z resuming from sleep, cold rebooting, etc. and no glitches (knock on wood).

I've got the stock Windows Vista installed (2GB RAM) currently, and I'm anticipating getting the Win 7 Upgrade DVD early this week, so we'll see if everything continues to work ok after the upgrade.
  (#3) Old
Default 11-09-2009, 11:57 AM

do you have the newest bios installed?

Maybe this can fix your problem.

« Benchmarks | Win 7 Premium Upgrade on 11z »