Dell Adamo/XPS Discussion Discussion on the Dell Adamo / Adamo XPS premium notebooks

(#1) Old
Default it better than X300? - 12-29-2008, 02:45 AM

just bought a X300 for my friend about 2 weeks ago, vista+xp+64G SSD, for about 1200 bucks. now i'm really interested in Adamo and wait what will happen...
  (#2) Old
Default Re: it better than X300? - 01-02-2009, 11:49 PM

A Google cache at Dell's site reveals a few details about their upcoming MacBook Air competitor, the Adamo. The leak indicates a few interesting things about Dell's plan for peripherals, and hints at price.

We already knew the Adamo was slated to run significantly cheaper than the expensive Air, and a leak this Thursday suggested a base price of around $1500. The Google cache suggests the Adamo will be packing DisplayPort for video out and eSATA for storage, and that Dell plans to release a host of peripherals alongside the sleek machine. The peripherals visible in the cache are a 2x Blu-Ray combo drive and a selection of external 2.5" hard drives, ranging up to 500GB capacity. This kind of peripheral use would allow for a very slim body, but at the expense of easy portability. We'll have to see how Dell plans to reconcile the issue.

The Adamo is still expected to be officially unveiled at this year's CES, but no shipping date (or really any confirmed information) has been released. Regardless, it's a fair bet that these few morsels of info are correct.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: it better than X300? - 01-11-2009, 08:21 PM

Hey Phoenix, I'll be your friend if you buy me a X300. HAHA

My Flagship Rig: XPS I7 930 2.8ghz 12gb Ram 120gb OCZ SSD ATI Radeon 5830 W7 Ult Asus G73SW I7 2.0GHZ QuadCore 12gb Ram 120gb OCZ Ssd Nvidia GTX460 Dell Latitude E6400 Intel 2.4ghz Core2 Duo 40gb Intel Ssd 4gb Ram
  (#4) Old
Default Re: it better than X300? - 01-12-2009, 09:19 PM

Adamo looks nice, but doesn't appear to be near thin enough to be considered a Macbook Air Killer. Too bad. I was looking forward to it. The MSI X320 appears to be it.

But, with the Dell no longer a consideration, I pre-ordered a Sony Vaio P.

« Adamo to be released at CES @ 8am | Am I the only one? »