Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default lime wire - 06-18-2009, 03:16 AM

Hello there. I am new to the mini 9 game but drank the coolaid and ran osx.
Seem to be having some trouble with java (the latest java update is required to run Lime wires latest version.) Has anyone found a way to make the latest edition of Lime wire work with the mini 9? The latest edition required the use of java's newest update which is only for the intel 64 bit macs
Cheers!

Hmmm seem to have found soy latte.....lets see if I can get it to work.
Wish me luck.
  (#2) Old

Default 06-20-2009, 12:50 AM

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone, but don't want to officially state that I am of course, when I say that talk of piracy in these Mini waters isn't taken lightly. That said, best of luck to ya!!!
  (#3) Old

Default 06-20-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyruste View Post
I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone, but don't want to officially state that I am of course, when I say that talk of piracy in these Mini waters isn't taken lightly. That said, best of luck to ya!!!
I understand and wouldn't dream of infringing on intellectual property rights.
That having been said I do believe that file sharing has got a black eye due to less then law abiding citizens..... I for one am of the spirit and mind that anything I buy, I should be able to download (a copy of) on line...this includes music and software.

I solved the above problem by downloading an older version... Works like a charm
  (#4) Old

Default 06-20-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMacHack View Post
I understand and wouldn't dream of infringing on intellectual property rights.
That having been said I do believe that file sharing has got a black eye due to less then law abiding citizens..... I for one am of the spirit and mind that anything I buy, I should be able to download (a copy of) on line...this includes music and software.

I solved the above problem by downloading an older version... Works like a charm
Every single Windows computer I have ever encountered with Limewire installed was infected by Malware. Every. Single. One. It's not a leap to suggest your OS X shield won't hold forever. Trojans are just as dangerous for Apple computers as they are the Dell ones. Limewire is a file sharing nightmare.

Do yourself a favor and AppZapper your Limewire out of existence before you regret it. I feel so negative about this that I've stopped helping any family or friends with their PC / Computer problems once I've learned they shrugged off my Limewire advice.

Cheers!

Kevin
  (#5) Old

Default 06-21-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELLsFan View Post
Every single Windows computer I have ever encountered with Limewire installed was infected by Malware. Every. Single. One. It's not a leap to suggest your OS X shield won't hold forever. Trojans are just as dangerous for Apple computers as they are the Dell ones. Limewire is a file sharing nightmare.

Do yourself a favor and AppZapper your Limewire out of existence before you regret it. I feel so negative about this that I've stopped helping any family or friends with their PC / Computer problems once I've learned they shrugged off my Limewire advice.

Cheers!
Couldn't agree with you more.

Studio 1458 | Fingerprint magnet black Windows 7
Diztop D945GCLF2 | dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor 330

Tags
java, limewire

« 10v - Several Newb Questions, tried the search.. | SS Drive Capacity - The Numbers Don't Add Up »