Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default sgpstore skin problem - 06-14-2009, 03:52 PM

Hey just got a mini 9 the other day and read about the sgpstore skins. Skin is good quality, but the rounded edges on mine will not stay down, after a period of time they begin to peel away, on the rounded edges of the computer. Anyone else have this problem? Sent them an email about asking about it, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Any help would be appreciated!
  (#2) Old

Default 06-15-2009, 04:42 AM

I have a SGP skin (the leather-looking one) on mine, for several months now. I did notice once that one corner came up slightly, but not enough to create any problems. I just pushed it back down and rubbed the corner a bit. These skins are thicker than the other film-types, so maybe stiffer (not as pliable).

Other than the one time, I haven't noticed it coming undone, probably because I tend to keep my Mini in its sleeve when not in use. Maybe that helps to keep the corners pressed down.
  (#3) Old

Default 06-17-2009, 02:09 AM

Update

Just got a response from SGP about the problem... an email from them with a tracking number for a brand new skin! If only Dell's customer service were that even close to being that good. Thanks SGP!
  (#4) Old

Default 06-17-2009, 06:40 AM

I've got their carbon fiber skin (without the dell logo cutout) and it works fine. No problems here. I've only had it about a month.

I did notice/worry when I first put it on that it was pretty stiff. I had to re-apply the main section to get rid of some air bubbles and worried about bending the corner as I peeled it up. But, so far so good.. I love mine.

I'm glad they were able to help you out. I'd order from them again - no problem.

Black Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB Runcore|16GB SD|Win 7 (RC)|BT|1.3|V470 BT Mouse
  (#5) Old

Default 06-19-2009, 05:55 AM

Clean the surface you're attaching the skin to with rubbing alcohol. Then warm the skin up a little with a heat gun or hair dryer. Don't overheat. I've never had an issue adhering anything that had a descent adhesive using those steps.
  (#6) Old

Default 06-20-2009, 01:44 AM

got the new skin on and it is holding fine. maybe I didn't clean it enough or there was some residue on the first time. thanks!

« Mini 10 or Mini 10v? | 10v or 10? »