Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Smile Hi and Thanks! - 06-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Hi. I've been lurking for a long time but i figure now is as good a time as any to say hi.

I received my Mini 9 the day before they announced it was discontinued and instantly fell in love with this little thing.

As tempted as I was to get a second one as a backup, I resisted... until last week. With 15% coupon code in hand I ordered a second mini 9 from the outlet. I was amazed that I received it this morning from FedEx after ordering on Thursday (and going with the standard free shipping).

Anywho, I've been running OSX on my first Mini so this morning instead of doing a fresh install I just did a Time Machine restore on the new one and it worked perfectly.

I noticed my new (refurb) mini's screen has more of a green tint than my new one but I adjusted it to just about the same levels with the OSX calibration tool.

Anyway just wanted to say Hi and Thanks for all the detailed instructions and valuable information on these forums. I would not have nearly as positive an experience with my Mini if not for all of you.

I think I'm done buying Mini 9s for now, but I am excited to get a Psyopper case that I ordered on Friday!

Mini 9a 2gb ram, 32gb, osx 10.5.7, Black
Mini 9b 2gb ram, 16gb, osx 10.5.7, Alpine White
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 06-13-2009, 07:29 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default 06-16-2009, 08:45 PM

Welcome as well! Enjoy your stay!

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC

« question about standard bundled software mini9 | quick question on numpads »