Originally Posted by holmes4
Thanks. The performance is so far snappy. Besides, I wouldn't know what to do with the 1GB chip. Just set up a 1GB swap file for my Ubuntu. That should be enough for a while. I don't have games. So 1GB memory is quite sufficient.
Here are the first 5 things I have done:
1. Installed truecrypt to take care of my data security. The .profile is set up to auto-mount the encrypted volume at login.
2. Increased Terminal output buffer size to 50000 lines.
3. Installed Tomboy Notes to take notes.
4. Installed 1GB swap file to help the memory.
5. Bought a PNY 16GB USB drive for all my backup. The drive is slimmer than Kingston or Cruizer, so that you can plug two side by side. The design is clever to protect the connection end without a detached cap.
Ubuntu 8.4 is cool. But it's great with the Dell Vostro A90.
I am officially off the Windows shackles.