Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Display is messed up after booting - 06-08-2009, 02:07 AM

Here is my issue:
I (re)installed OS X (10.5.6) and was able to boot fine. I got a few updates (including OS) using Software Update. Now when I boot the display gets screwed up right after it gets past the first apple screen. It looks like the vertical tracking goes haywire or something. I never even see the desktop. The mouse is there and working, but I can't get anything else to appear. Any ideas?

As a note, I previously installed OS X the same way (type11), updated the software, and it ran fine for weeks, and then this exact same problem occurred. I assumed the install was corrupted, so I reinstalled. This time it started happening the first time I shut down and booted up, after getting updates.

I have read elsewhere in these forums that people experience similar problems when attaching an external display, but this is happening every time with the mini display. It seems like it must be a bad driver, but that doesn't explain why it seemed to start happening out of the blue. Thanks for any help.
  (#2) Old

Default 06-08-2009, 02:18 AM

there is a way to fix this -

i'm not sure about the type 11 install - I know with dellefi, you just need to hold down shift to boot into safe mode and then reinstall dellefi. hopefully there is a fix for the type 11 install also.

i reloaded osx a few times with this same issue
  (#3) Old

Default Same issue, how do I fix this? - 06-10-2009, 10:46 PM

I tried what was suggested, holding SHIFT and reinstalling the DELLEFI but my screen is still all grey and screwey. I can see the mouse but cannot do anything.

Could you please post your steps to fix this?
  (#4) Old

Default 06-10-2009, 11:05 PM

I was able to fix the issue installing DellEFI 1.2 alpha 5

Tags
graphics, os x

« Just saying hi! | Back to Square One; Looking For Advice »