Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default XP/OS X dual boot on mini 10v - 06-06-2009, 01:44 AM

I've been reading this forum for about 2-3 weeks now but I still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. My Dell Mini 10v is arriving tomorrow and I want to get straight to business setting up a dual boot with XP and OS X. I don't have access to a Mac, nor do I have an external DVD drive. What is the best way to begin?

Is there a way to install OS X without first removing the XP that comes on the system?

Also, can anyone point me to a pirate-bay type file suitable for this process. I assume any Mac OS X retail version would be fine and then I can use PowerISO to copy the files to a USB drive. Right?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here!

Dell Latitude D800 Intel Pentium M Windows XP Sp3 512 MB Ram

Inspiron Mini 10V 1 GB ram (for now) XP (for now)
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 06-06-2009, 09:34 AM

We do not condone software piracy in this forum. If you want OS X, buy a retail copy.

Details about installing OS X as dual-boot can be found in the OS X section of the forum.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

Tags
mini 10 v, os x, windows xp

« Hello All! New to The Mini World. Quick Question | dell mini 9 ubuntu webcam question »