Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default 07-08-2009, 04:35 PM

Holmes you know your stuff!
And for some reason on my vaio if i go to power save options there is an option to change my background to save energy, the desktop background turns white saying vaio in grey in the middle.
Soooooo from my conclusion white saves more power than black for some reason maybe not at all but thats what sony says
  (#12) Old

Default 05-27-2010, 01:17 PM

I know it has been a while since the initial post, but this also happened to my mini 9 after my wife dropped my PC. Sure enough, the external VGA port worked fine, so I knew the PC was booting up normally. I basically took apart the whole netbook, and found that the cable attached in back of the LCD had slipped about 1mm, a very slight ammount. Trivial pressure over the connector made the screen flicker back on, and ultimately tightening up the connection made this stable. Consider a referral to the dell service manual (google it) to see how to take apart the Mini safely. Your mileage may vary.

Tags
saver, screen, white

« How to screen shot | VGA connector »