Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default New to mini and mine is broke already...... - 06-03-2009, 08:49 AM

I have a mini model PP39S. I got from a friend as gift and it worked for 1 hour. I shut it off and when I powered it back up i only get the white power light and nothing else no beeps no other lights Nada zilch. I have disassembled it and when I pull memory I get beeps so I know it is trying to boot but being new to the mini I am at a loss. I have been looking online for motherboards and am appalled at the prices I have seen 300-400+. I found this community and am hoping i can find the answer to my problem here and maybe even mod this baby to work better than my desktop. If anyone has any ideas to what might be wrong I would bve greatly appreciatted.

Thank you
  (#2) Old

Default 06-03-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interline00 View Post
I have a mini model PP39S. I got from a friend as gift and it worked for 1 hour. I shut it off and when I powered it back up i only get the white power light and nothing else no beeps no other lights Nada zilch. I have disassembled it and when I pull memory I get beeps so I know it is trying to boot but being new to the mini I am at a loss. I have been looking online for motherboards and am appalled at the prices I have seen 300-400+. I found this community and am hoping i can find the answer to my problem here and maybe even mod this baby to work better than my desktop. If anyone has any ideas to what might be wrong I would bve greatly appreciatted.

Thank you
Nice friend.

No clue here what you problem may be, but HERE is a potential source of parts for your Mini 9.

I would call DELL and verify warranty coverage. You can do this online too ... by verifying via the Service Tag that is assigned to every DELL computer.

Good Luck!

Kevin
  (#3) Old

Default 06-03-2009, 03:19 PM

thanks I'll try the links.
  (#4) Old

Default 06-07-2009, 05:57 AM

Ugh! That bites! I hope you get a good response from Dell Support. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.5.7 | 2 GB RAM | RunCore 64
BIOS A05 | 16 GB SD | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | BT |DellEFI 1.2a5 | 1.3mp WC

« Ubuntu password after Suspend | Hi everyone ! just got my mini 9 and was wondering about Dell TV Tuner »