Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Mini on way, question about OSX. - 06-01-2009, 01:30 AM

Hello All;

This is my 1st post, but I have been lurking for awhile. I finally took the plunge and have a A90 on the way and can't wait. I also have the 32G SSD and 2G on the way.

I still have this question, what is the best method to put OS X on the Mini with no access to a Mac? Is it the DellEFI method using external DVD? If so, I hear that some DVD's don't work. Any suggestions as to a for sure working DVD unit? I have not bought the OS yet, but was going to get a retail copy from ebay, any known issues with that?

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the great information on the site.

Jack
  (#2) Old

Send a message via AIM to villaphoto Send a message via Skype™ to villaphoto
Default 06-01-2009, 04:40 AM

most of it is outlined in osx forum. I had the best luck by creating a bootable image on a hard drive and putting the drivers on a second USB drive. By following the directions and a simple youtube search, it became pretty easy. Took about two hours total, with slimming down the OS to fit on a 16gb SSD, so I could update to 10.5.7.

good luck.

« New Girl with a New Mini 9!! Few questions! | Dell Mini 9 vs Dell Vostro A90 »