Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Wireless won't work without Mini being plugged in... - 05-31-2009, 08:03 PM

So, we got a new ISP in the house. Yesterday, I hooked up my shiny new Linksys WRT54G2 router. Everything seemed to be working fine. I started by connecting my older IBM Thinkpad, moved on to my Dell XPS M1330. They both connected effortlessly and had great, speedy connections. I tried to connect with my Mini 9 and it couldn't find any networks (my neighbors have a few that my computers usually pick up on). Anyways, I ended up plugging it in and messing with some stuff and then rebooting it. Voila! Internet!...until I unplug the laptop from the wall. Now I've messed with so many settings and configurations on my network adapter, including power management, I don't know where to go from here.

Just this morning, Ive plugged the mini in and it finds the network, but still can't seem to get to the internet. I've tried pinging my router and google.com, it just times out.

Should I just uninstall the whole network adapter and reinstall it?

I had never had a problem with the Mini or it's internet connectivity before. So, I have a Mini 9, running windows XP (I formated it after I got it and put on a clean version of Windows), upgraded to 2g of ram. The network adapter is a Broadcom 802.11g running with a 4.170.77.3 driver.

I am so frustrated and at my wit's end. Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide me with any information.

« How do I install Windows 7 on current Ubuntu machine | New Girl with a New Mini 9!! Few questions! »