Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default battery problems. drivers? - 05-22-2009, 09:10 AM

hello. can anyone help, my dell mini 9, loses all power when i unplug the mains lead, i have two batteries and both are fine but as soon as i pull the mains it goes off. this has happened before and i returned it to dell and they fixed the problem, 2 weeks later the problem is back. has anyone had similar problems? and is there an easy solution? thanks Ray
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 05-22-2009, 02:02 PM

I've seen a couple other reports of this, but no idea what causes it. Sounds like a hardware problem to me.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default 06-24-2009, 01:55 AM

Hey - I've got exactly the same problems here... charge it for 12 hours or more, and it shows 3% charge held (or less) and its brand new (one day old). I have reseated the battery and tried the usual checks. No change - as soon as I pull the AC adaptor out, it dies to black.

I'm contacting Dell for Warranty service - will let you know what happens.
  (#4) Old

Exclamation 06-29-2009, 10:53 PM

I contacted Dell Service, who after 5 mins decided it was the battery (too many similar problems now on their databse - I think they half expect these).

They sent a new one yesterday and it has worked fine ever since. Full charge, and when I pull the AC cord out, straight to battery power without any fuss. I have returned the busted one.

* Note: I upgraded from BIOS A04 to 05, before I did the battery changeover. The Bios upgrade made *no difference* whatsoever. this was not firm/software - it was hardware.

good luck

Alpine White Mini 9 |2GB Kingston RAM|16GB SSD|Bluetooth | 1.3mp webcam | A05 Bios | Win XP Home SP3 | Maxtor OneTouch III Mini 80GB ext USB HDD

« Ubuntu 8.0.4 for Mini 9/A90 ram | Help!! »