Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Default 910 theme - 05-18-2009, 04:26 AM

Hey everyone, newbie here.

Does anyone happen to have the very default theme for the Mini 910? Note that this is not the Windows XP theme under the theme list.

There's a very long story behind why I need it, and it has something to do with probable OCD, three hours of fruitless work, and something like this: http://xkcd.com/349/

Anyways, if any of you haven't changed your theme/skin since you got your 910, would you please be kind enough to send me the theme file? Thanks a million
  (#2) Old

Send a message via ICQ to zeos Send a message via AIM to zeos
Default 05-18-2009, 04:35 AM

standard xp window decorations and this wallpaper.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp dell.bmp (1.76 MB, 46 views)

Fact: Jerry Jeff Walker named his son after Django Fett.

Scooty Puff Jr. suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!
  (#3) Old

Default 05-18-2009, 04:45 AM

It's not the wallpaper... there are several differences between the default theme and the xp theme apart from the wallpaper, and I would need a .theme file from someone who hasn't changed their theme/skin yet. I've spent three hours trying to manually change settings to replicate the original (and I've tried just about everything possible), but it's not working.
  (#4) Old

Send a message via ICQ to zeos Send a message via AIM to zeos
Default 05-18-2009, 05:05 PM

i didn't realize that, from the couple days before i changed to classic mode i didn't notice any differences from the normal xp. just out of curiosity, what things are different?

Fact: Jerry Jeff Walker named his son after Django Fett.

Scooty Puff Jr. suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!
  (#5) Old

Default 05-18-2009, 08:07 PM

Mostly default fonts and sizes; the 910 comes with a larger tahoma font as the default, but the xp theme uses a smaller tahoma and trebuchet. These are standard for desktops but on a netbook they are ridiculously tiny...

Yes, I have tried using the "large fonts" option as well as increasing dpi, but both of them look really ugly. I have also gone to "display > apperances > advanced" to modify fonts and sizes for individual aspects, but there were two problems; first, not every aspect is listed there, and second, changing font size there screws up border size, and refitting border size screws up just about everything else.

So... does aaanyone have the default .theme file for the 910? pleeease put me out of my ocd-induced misery
  (#6) Old

Default 05-18-2009, 08:21 PM

Only thing I can think of that you could do is back up your data and do clean install/restore back to the base setup that comes when it's shipped from DELL.

Everyone I know who has one bought it with Linux, and they are all running OSX now, otherwise I'd hook you up, sorry.

DELL Vostro 1720 - 2.4Ghz - 4GB - 500GB - Windows 7
DELL XPS M1330 - 2.4Ghz - 4GB - 500GB - Windows 7
DELL Vostro A90 - 2GB - 64GB SSD - OSX
  (#7) Old

Default 05-18-2009, 08:31 PM

i considered that as my last option... but there has to be someone on this forum running a windows, right? :/

just right click on desktop, properties, save as, and send me the file, and make nova happy
  (#8) Old

Default 05-19-2009, 08:26 AM

Sorry man, another OSX user here. But you might try posting this in the windows specific subforum of the operating systems section of the site here:http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/windows-forums/ Good luck, I'd help you out if I were running xp!

Tags
910, default, skin, theme

« Ubuntu is Fugly and makes my eyes hurt | random freezes in Ubuntu »