Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Hi - 05-06-2009, 09:06 PM

Hi all,

Im new here and hoping to learn a lot here :-)
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Hi - 05-06-2009, 09:41 PM

Welcome!

We were all like you once! A couple of etiquette suggestions so you enjoy your time posting here:
  • Always try and search the forums first for the query you may have. This can sometimes be a little time consuming but may help you find many answers to questions that have already been asked.[/*:m:b2nsft39]
  • Please try and give as much information about your system and the steps you may already have taken to get to where you are currently. This may help fellow community members respond in a prompt and appropriate way.[/*:m:b2nsft39]

Have fun with your Dell Mini and may I suggest you stick OSX and a >16GB RunCore in it straight away

Dell Mini 9: Obsidian Black | A05 | Win7 / OS X 10.5.6 Dual Boot | DellEFI 1.1 | 2GB RAM | 64GB RunCore 70mm SSD | 4GB SDHC | Vodafone HSPA | 0.3mP webcam
Dell Mini 9: Obsidian Black | as above except: XP Pro SP3 | 250GB USB HDD
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Hi - 05-07-2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr6srm
Welcome!

We were all like you once! A couple of etiquette suggestions so you enjoy your time posting here:

Always try and search the forums first for the query you may have. This can sometimes be a little time consuming but may help you find many answers to questions that have already been asked.
Please try and give as much information about your system and the steos you may already have taken to get to where you are currently. This may help fellow community members respond in a prompt and appropriate way.

Have fun with your Dell Mini and may I suggest you stick OSX and a >16GB RunCore in it straight away
Hi cyrus1977,

I would basically disregard everything that pr6srm said and get a 16 or 32GB RunCore or Buffalo SSD and install either Ubuntu or Windows 7 RC1.

No no, I'm just teasing pr6srm, and he has a good point about the rules of etiquette. I've been a long-time lurker and finally decided to join the forum. There is certainly a lot of helpful information in the forums on what hardware upgrades are essential, what modifications are possible, the performance stats for specific applications and operating systems, links to sites for accessories, and so on. Sending someone a PM (Private Message) is also helpful in answering specific issues or advice in a non-public manner. Though if you do find some answers or information, posting that publicly is the best route since we all benefit

So with that, welcome to the forum and enjoy your Mini,

Fraggle

Fraggle.Rock
-
Dell Vostro A90 | Black | Kingston HyperX 2GB | STEC 32GB SSD | SanDisk Extreme III 8GB SDHC | 0.3MP Webcam | Bluetooth | Intel 4965ABGN WLAN | Windows 7 RC1 or Ubuntu - depending on mood | GMABooster | A04 BIOS

« Hello World!!! | Greetings, first time Mini owner »