Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DeKalb, IL (near Chicago)
Re: Wireless not working after ubuntu upgrade - 05-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Ubuntu is a great distro--I have 9.04 on two desktops and my Mini (along with Vista on one of the desktops and the Mini.)
You ran into trouble 'cause there is no way to upgrade Dell's Ubuntu to regular Ubuntu.
1. Download the ISO for Ubuntu 9.04 (or 8.10 if you prefer...) from Ubuntu.com.
2. Download Unebootin from: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
3. Insert a blank pen drive into your USB slot.
4. Run Unebootin. Direct it to the ISO you downloaded and to your USB drive. Let it do it's thing.
5. You now have a USB drive that will boot a live image of Ubuntu 9.04 (or 8.10) that you can boot into and then install from.
Hope this helps! Reply with questions!
Windows 7 Home Premium
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Wireless not working after ubuntu upgrade - 05-11-2009, 05:18 AM
I ran into the same issue tonight, when installing gOS on my Mini 9.
I used the following link to fix it:
http://gosforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21 ... adcom#p223
Should work for the OP.
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.