Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default new post, cant connect to internet - 04-22-2009, 12:31 AM

hey everyone, i received my factory refurbished dell mini with 8gb and 512 ram. im definitely going to upgrade the ram and ssd but in time. right out of the box the mini worked fast, i opened up a couple of movies and music and the mini never choked. at the moment though it wont connect to the internet. i have gone through the wireless connection wizard, i have put the password but nothing happens. i keep restarting/refreshing but still nothing. the only thing that comes up is a error message that says "windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: renewing your ip address --- for assistance contact the person that manages your network."

the problem is that i manage our network. i set up the router in our house but never put any restrictions on it other than the password protection. ive tried refreshing the network connections but the same thing happens.

could it be i got a mini with a defected wireless card?
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user

Default Re: new post, cant connect to internet - 04-22-2009, 12:43 AM

It could be the wireless network. This Broadcom chipset seems "finicky". Find another network to connect to and see if you have the same problem. My Mini has issues with my home router as well, but connects elsewhere instantly.

Getting an iPad

« Mini 9 - Win XP - Anyone put Truecrypt on it? | How to install software »