Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default A simple answer about hardware.... - 04-19-2009, 01:29 AM

I want to take my mini9 on a trip this summer and I'd like to do some wardriving with it... The current minipcie card sports the braindead Broadcom chipset and does not go into monitor mode. I've tried to switch from the default wl driver to b43 and have had no luck getting it to monitor...

Kismet on linux is my choice of software for this little guy... now for the hardware.

Would someone, please, name a wifi card that'll fit into my mini9 that shifts into monitor mode? You name it, I''ll buy it. Simple as that.

I've been all over google, a number of forums including this one and I haven't see anyone name a specific card that does what I need done.

Please... anyone?

Thank you, in advance. Jerry.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: A simple answer about hardware.... - 04-19-2009, 06:16 PM

I'd also massively appreciate this info.

Everything's Blue, Everything's Blue In This World, All Fuzzy, Spilling Out Of My Head.
  (#3) Old

Default 12-29-2009, 09:20 PM

To answer my own question....

The latest round of kernel drivers has a new b43/ssb duo that has better support for broadcom chipsets. I am able to use b43/ssb and kismet to war drive like never before. I am current running kernel 2.6.32, which happens to have atom processor support as an option now.

The only problem I have is that sound no longer works. The correct alsa modules load, but no sound. I've read that the alsa drivers are still in flux yet, so it will get straightened out later on...
Cheers!

« new owner of a dell mini inspiron 10 v please help!!! | iTunes is a Pain »