Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default Re: Which deal did you get on your Dell Mini? - 04-23-2009, 10:34 PM

Saw it in PC World in the UK and thought "wow!" it was sitting at £299 for the 8gb SSD with Win XP, I asked the salesperson if there was a larger SSD versions - she went away, came back and said yeah on the Dell site but they didnt stock them in the shop and ..... it was cheaper on the Dell site for the 16gb!!!

So I went home and did some looking around.

Got mine for £209 delivered via eBay from a guy who must have got it from Dell Outlet

Dell Mini 9
1GB RAM
16GB SSD
Win XP Home SP3
1.3 Webcam
Bluetooth

I then slammer a Crucial 2GB chip in there and bought a Belkin neoprene slip case for it.
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Which deal did you get on your Dell Mini? - 04-25-2009, 02:56 AM

Just bought mine today - it was the Vostro A90 rebranded Mini 9 - different config than the other A90 poster got (I think the $199 deal was 8GB/512MB RAM) - 16GB SSD, 1GB RAM, Bluetooth, 0.3 webcam running on Ubuntu for $249, I'm happy with the deal, and can't wait to receive it!

Vostro A90 - Windows 7 Home Premium, 32GB Super Talent SSD (GFDL), 2GB G.SKILL RAM, 8 cell 5200 mAh Better Power battery, 0.3MP webcam, Bluetooth

« Using SD Card in USB Reader to Load OS X? | Newbie Question »