Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Syslinux onto my USB and mac os x dmg not going onto USB - 04-17-2009, 06:40 AM

hey all
so i'm using the DellEFI method of 2 USB drives and a mac and windows computer to set up my dell mini9. i'm having some trouble though, hopefully someone can help me. so everytime i go to disk utility and try to put the image onto the 8GB flash drive, it tells me something about it needing to be imagescanned or scanned i believe if i remember correctly. i keep trying it and it doesn't work. anyone know what the problem is? thanks
and also, can someone explain the proper method of putting syslinux on a usb drive? i got to the cmd part in the run on windows xp but i get to the cmd prompt and it says c:\documents and settings\seagull> and i type in the codes but it won't work. i know it must be me, so if anyone can help thanks
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Syslinux onto my USB and mac os x dmg not going onto USB - 04-17-2009, 11:22 PM

help plz?
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Syslinux onto my USB and mac os x dmg not going onto USB - 04-19-2009, 03:20 AM

i was just hoping first for a detailed explanation on the syslinux thing. please
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Syslinux onto my USB and mac os x dmg not going onto USB - 04-19-2009, 09:32 PM

alright i got the retail dvd copied onto the bigger USB drive and i went the mac only route and got my 2nd drive to become the CD for dell mini boot. now i keep getting that my operating system is missing. anyhelp please?

« Loose screw? | BIOS Flash »