Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Send a message via AIM to weber72 Send a message via Skype™ to weber72
Default Re: How did I do? (new guy!) - 04-18-2009, 06:54 PM

That's all I thought I would do...let me know if it's possible to physically switch those keys, as well as remap them. Thanks!

Dell Mini 9 (Alpine White) -- 16GB SuperTalent SSD -- 2GB Kingston RAM -- 8GB Sandisk Ultra II SDHC -- 1.3MP webcam -- Windows 7 RC / Linux Mint 7 RC
  (#12) Old

Default Re: How did I do? (new guy!) - 04-18-2009, 07:16 PM

They should pop off like any other laptop keyboard key so it shouldn't be an issue. I'll let you know
  (#13) Old

Default Re: How did I do? (new guy!) - 04-23-2009, 04:58 AM

Ok.. went ahead and ordered the rest of the bits I needed..

Apple Mac Box (OSX, iWork 09, iLife 09) - $115 shipped after live.com discount (ebay)
Kingston Hyperx 2gb stick - $25.34 shipped after live.com discount (newegg)
SuperTalent 32gb ssd + Samsung SE-S084B external dvd rw drive combo - $130.30 shipped after live.com discount (SuperBiiz)

Total so far - $443.78 which is just barely more expensive than a 32gb iTouch ($399 + tax)
  (#14) Old

Default Re: How did I do? (new guy!) - 04-23-2009, 05:20 AM

You did OK, OP, but seeing as how you can get the Dell Vostro A90 Netbook for $207 I probably would have gone with that instead. Bluetooth, webcam, all the bells and whistles, AND it looks better than the Mini 9 since it has an all-black case.

The standard keyboard is pretty awful, but I'm trying to decide if I want to switch too.
It's not much money, but I'm tired of working on my system and just want to use it for a while.

Black Mini 9, 32GB SuperTalent SSD, 2GB of RAM, OSX 10.5.6
  (#15) Old

Default Re: How did I do? (new guy!) - 04-23-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycrossbone
You did OK, OP, but seeing as how you can get the Dell Vostro A90 Netbook for $207 I probably would have gone with that instead. Bluetooth, webcam, all the bells and whistles, AND it looks better than the Mini 9 since it has an all-black case.

The standard keyboard is pretty awful, but I'm trying to decide if I want to switch too.
It's not much money, but I'm tired of working on my system and just want to use it for a while.

The vostro deal came about after I recieved my mini9 so thats a moot point. Only thing the a90 has that I prefer is that BT is standard. If I knew the vostro was going to be going for 199 I definitely would have waited but thats neither here nor there at this point.

As for the keyboard I might switch out to the international one or just switch the keys around. Haven't decided yet.

« External DVD drive or 16gb SDHC card? | New to mydellmini »