Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default My new Mini 9 is in transit :) - 04-16-2009, 03:52 AM

Hey all I'm so glad there is a website dedicated to the Dell Mini's. I was hesitant about getting another Dell after my Inspiron 1100 crapped out (even though I treated it with the utmost care) and replaced it with a Sony Vaio (LOVE IT!). I hope I made the right decision.

I got the Mini 9 with 1GB RAM, 8GB SSDHD, Webcam (I don't know the mp - bought from Walmart.com) and in Red. Just wondering if there's any suggestions on what the first thing I should do... I'm planning on getting a 2GB RAM upgrade, and a 500Gig Seagate Portable External Hard-drive (Also in red to match haha). I'm a little hesitant about upgrading the SSD considering I don't really know much about it... and the only ones i've looked up from Best Buy were over $200 (way over my budget). Also I was wondering if I got a good price on this Mini 9; before taxes and shipping it was $278.
  (#2) Old

Send a message via AIM to Cruleworld Send a message via MSN to Cruleworld
Default Re: My new Mini 9 is in transit :) - 04-16-2009, 04:38 AM

That is a great deal you got there. These things are pretty well set right out of the box. You should look at Runcore SSDs (there is a ad for them at the top of the page) they are great for the price and no harder to install then ram.

(#3) Old

Default Re: My new Mini 9 is in transit :) - 04-22-2009, 04:16 AM

i can't wait to get my A90

i really hope they ship out before the ETA of 5/22
  (#4) Old

Default Re: My new Mini 9 is in transit :) - 04-22-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFPhill03
Also I was wondering if I got a good price on this Mini 9; before taxes and shipping it was $278.
..did you mean $178?
and swapping out the SSD's basically the same as swapping out your RAM. the only real difference is that the SSD is held on by two screws. after you take those bad boys off, you just pop it out like a ram module and replace it with a different one. put the screws back in and you should be in business.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: My new Mini 9 is in transit :) - 04-22-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
..did you mean $178?
yea i was going to say the same thing. 278 for a new mini is too much. i just got mine today for 187 on dell outlet with a 15% off coupon. its so beautiful. going to make a hackintosh with a sick city of god decal.
  (#6) Old

Default Re: My new Mini 9 is in transit :) - 04-23-2009, 03:41 PM

They are 278.00 at Walmart(at least that is what I saw online) but I don't think it's a bad price for people who are not comfortable opening up their computer to upgrade it, While some things are incredibly easy to do it's not for everyone. I have seen people who did not know what they were doing mess up things horribly. They end up having to spend money to have someone fix it so they should have just bought what they wanted in the first place. At least that is MHO
  (#7) Old

Default Re: My new Mini 9 is in transit :) - 04-23-2009, 10:53 PM

i guess to each his own
rock on!

« What Colour Mini To Get/What Colour Do You Have? | Additional storage - fastest options »