Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default New Ram and SSD - 04-12-2009, 02:17 PM

Hello I am brand new here and have just ordered my mini 9 from the outlet. I bought it cheap with the bare minimum from the outlet because I need to upgrade it. Its coming with 8gb and 512 ram. I would also like to put leopard on this and while it probably is possible it is most likely easier to install on a 16gb drive. So I am looking for the best deals now and have found some interesting stuff. I found this link http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=FEM16G ... f374a2e88# which if you scroll down a bit they have the combo deals. I'm currently looking at the middle deal which is the combo with the Kingston ram. I'm pretty sure its compatibility but just want to make sure for sure that it is before buying it. If you guys could just lend me some help that would be great. Thanks.
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user

Default Re: New Ram and SSD - 04-12-2009, 02:21 PM

That's fine. So far it seems the Mini 9 is very forgiving on the brand & speed of RAM. The Kingston is CL5, which is a touch faster than the CL6 RAM Dell has been shipping lately.

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old

Default Re: New Ram and SSD - 04-12-2009, 04:52 PM

One more question. Does anyone know where to get a cheap 32 gb drive?

« Shopping for Mini 9 | New Mini9 - Question on touchpad X-Y axis sensitivity »