Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default New Mini9 - Question on touchpad X-Y axis sensitivity - 04-08-2009, 04:06 PM

Hello All - I just received my Dell Mini9 (after a longer than a month delay) and am intitially thrilled with it. One question, and it's the first thing that jumped out at me when I used it, that the sensitivity on the touchpad seems to be much greater on the 'Y' (veritical) axis than on the 'X' axis. It's somewhat annoying, as crossing the screen length wise requires several strokes across the touchpad, where as vertically a single stroke will do. I'm running Ubuntu, and pardon me if this is an RTFM question, but I can't see how to adjust the sensitivity of the two, independently. Any thoughts?

Specs: 2 Gb ram, 64 Gb SSD, Ubunutu, Wirelass Lan, Bluetooth... all the trimmings.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: New Mini9 - Question on touchpad X-Y axis sensitivity - 04-13-2009, 12:01 PM

Um, you do realize the screen is wider than it is tall right?!

If you're using Ubuntu I suspect there may be an X11 setting which allows you to modify this if it really bothers you (but it shouldn't!). Try asking on forums.ubuntu.com

Cheers,
-X

« New Ram and SSD | Drivers and Utilities DVD and Ubuntu? »