Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#31) Old

Default Re: Where can one get someone *else* to install OS X on a Mini? - 05-11-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4
I doubt the phone reps have any clue which keyboard the Mini comes with or doesn't. You really needed the model number.

When I ordered, I had an email within minutes that listed the item name in detail. Didn't you?
No. But you were dealing with Dell.com, I'm dealing with Dell.CA... I sometimes get the feeling Dell.CA is using trainees. If they pass, they get to handle other (US) calls :lol: I also never got an official Dell invoice in the mail. The only invoice I ended up with is the packing invoice.

It also seems that Dell.com support actually works on Saturday (at least). Calls to Dell.ca... 'our office is closed' for all weekend traffic. Which is weird because how many calls from Canada to the same call centre in India must there be on the weekend for Dell to decide to just drop all Canadian calls for the weekend? I had no problems getting a support person when I phoned the 1-800 number on Saturday for the US market.

As usual, US buyers get better service - the rest of us... not so much.

« Sleep Mode with OS X | Hi all new to the forum and linux.....and facing problems »