Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Send a message via MSN to ChazB Send a message via Skype™ to ChazB
Default Re: 64 G SSD Question - 03-31-2009, 06:42 AM

I can confirm that Mini 9s shipping to Canada can be configured with a 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 64GB SSD (I ordered one) but ONLY if you get the Ubuntu version. Mini 9s shipping with Windows are limited to an 8GB or 16GB SSD. That being said, if you REALLY want a stock 64GB SSD I'm sure someone who was thinking of upgrading to a RunCore would be willing to part with theirs.

| Dell Mini 10 | Product Red Edition | 1.6GHz | 1.3MP | 160GB SATA HDD | Bluetooth | 802.11n | Windows 7 Ultimate |
| Dell Mini 10v | Obsidian Black | 1.6GHz | 2GB Kingston HyperX | 1.3MP | 160GB SATA HDD | Bluetooth | 802.11n | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines. - Unknown

Before Elvis, there was nothing. - John Lennon
  (#12) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to -Devil-
Default Re: 64 G SSD Question - 04-03-2009, 02:45 PM

i just ordered mine yesterday (in the US) ... and got the 64g SSD ... but adding it to the order, took my shipping date from about 10 days away to almost 2 weeks ...
  (#13) Old

Default Re: 64 G SSD Question - 04-03-2009, 06:31 PM

True, and they've increased the base price from $249 to $274 in the US. You also don't have the option for 512 MB RAM which would account for the price increase because it used to be $25 extra for 1 GB.

Like I said, with Dell, they're constantly tweaking pricing to see how the product sells.

Black Dell Mini 9 | OS X 10.5.6 | 64GB STEC SSD | 2GB RAM | Bluetooth : [disabled] | USB BIOS Legacy support : [Disabled] | BIOS A04 | DellEFI Version: 1.1
  (#14) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to -Devil-
Default Re: 64 G SSD Question - 04-06-2009, 08:46 PM

heh i am annoyed with dell right now ... just checked on the status of my mini from them .. to see that the order has changed from a 64gig SSD to a 32gig SSD and now shows as 'in production' ... when i called to inquire about the change. they try to say that the 32gig is how i submitted it .. but my email shows the 64gig ... so i forwarded that to them but did no good ... asked for a supervisor and got no where with him either ... even tried canceling the order to which they would not budge since it is 'in production' .. but still has an expected ship date of May 1st .. bah ...
  (#15) Old

Default Re: 64 G SSD Question - 04-08-2009, 01:13 AM

You can threaten them that you'll refuse to accept delivery when it is delivered and it will be returned to Dell by UPS / DHL at no cost to you. They will lose money on this unless they fix it since they'll have to turn around and sell it on the outlet while being forced to give you a full refund. This is their screw up and they need to fix it. 8-)

Black Dell Mini 9 | OS X 10.5.6 | 64GB STEC SSD | 2GB RAM | Bluetooth : [disabled] | USB BIOS Legacy support : [Disabled] | BIOS A04 | DellEFI Version: 1.1
  (#16) Old

Default Re: 64 G SSD Question - 05-06-2009, 05:17 AM

Hello All, love the site and forums.

I have been waiting since march for my mini (UK based), 3 order date changes and then yesterday was called by dell to say that the 64gb drive was out of stock, but they would change my order to 16gb for same price, or 8gb ssd for less.

I queried why 16gb is same price in order as 64gb and was informed that lots of people have been asking that question and they would call back with answer, still awaiting call.

Does anyone have any advice, where do I stand with cancellation, and surely drive should cost less?

Thank you,
  (#17) Old

Default Re: 64 G SSD Question - 05-06-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmymininow
.. but they would change my order to 16gb for same price..
so that means they'll charge you for 64g, but only ship you a 16g?? THAT, my friend, is just plain wrong. i'd cancel the order if you're not getting what you're paying for. see if you can find one that comes with 4g and then just upgrade to a runcore.

« Help choosing the right mini | my hard disk is full, how do i get to it and make space!!! »