Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default SD card - 03-23-2009, 03:54 AM

quick question....i know the mini takes standard SD card, but is there some other format (higher performance) that would be better? I won't be doing any serious computing on the mini and will probably use the SD card to save files (pics, videos, office files, etc.) so I'm thinking I can probably get by with cheapo SD cards.

If anyone has any recommendations, it will be much appreciated!
Ken
  (#2) Old

Default Re: SD card - 03-23-2009, 04:57 AM

i use the transcend 16gb sdhc. i like it.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: SD card - 03-23-2009, 05:15 AM

It's an sdhc port. Use class 6 cards! Read reviews! I bought an adata 16gb class 6 at newegg. So far, it's been good.

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC
  (#4) Old

Default Re: SD card - 03-29-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
It's an sdhc port. Use class 6 cards! Read reviews! I bought an adata 16gb class 6 at newegg. So far, it's been good'
I agree with danmanx... recently bought the same class 6 AData SDHC 16GB card at Newegg for $27.55 with free shipping... It was a bit tricky reformatting the card to NTFS and selecting 'optimize for performance' (vs default 'optimize for quick removal'), but now the card works great... Installed Unreal Tournament 3 (an approx 5GB game) to the card and it runs great on my XP 1 GB / 8GB system! I've also put multiple gigs of my iTunes library and 3 GB of pics... no stuttering... subjectively feels as fast as the SSD... can't speak to whether the (currently) 8 dollar difference between the AData and Transcend cards translates into any perceivable difference (both are class 6).
  (#5) Old

Default Re: SD card - 03-29-2009, 08:30 PM

i use a patriot 16g on my mini and havent had any problems at all.

« Black Screen and 2-1-1 Beeps HELP!! | beginner question »