Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Well I did it...now what - 03-17-2009, 01:07 AM

I pulled the trigger on the tenth. I think some astrological event made me buy it.
I got it plain black with ubuntu on a 4GB ssd I got the bluetooth and the 1.3mp camera
I ordered my 2GB crucial and it got here today. I just ordered a 32GB buffalo ssd from Japan.
I think I ended up spending more than a netbook is worth can u guys reassure me here. It wont arrive until 4/6 this is torture. The reciept on the SSD says it will be a few weeks too. Glad I bought it now. need to buy an 8GB thumb drive next then 16GB class 6 SDHC, definatly way to much money for a netbook. what am I doing. well it will be my first laptop, hope Its worth the wait.

obsidian black 1.3mp webcam, BT, 2GB RAM 32GB Buffalo dualbooting windows 7 build 7077 and ubuntu 9.04UNR
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Well I did it...now what - 03-17-2009, 02:14 AM

Well, you have to look at total capabilities when you decide how much is too much. You'll spend more on a big fast SSD, SDHC and RAM than a cheap deal on the Mini9, but when you look and what you'll have for $500 or so it's pretty slick. I haven't gotten used to a couple of quirks of the keyboard layout yet, but I've been using the Mini9 extensively since I got it on Saturday and I'm pleased... I'm still waiting on a bigger SSD but I'm running XP with 2g ram and an 8g SSD and it's very usable for surfing and email. It would be challenging to write a book with this keyboard, but I have other options for heavy typing. I think it's worth it.

Mini9|Obsidian Black|2G ram|32G Runcore|OSX 10.5.7

« The wait. Oh god the wait. | New to Dell Mini 9 and Ubuntu »