Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default I can't view the entire window, making it impossible for me - 03-11-2009, 07:57 PM

to navigate the page.

I am having an issue that I don't really know how to solve. I purchased a Dell Mini 9 for use in college. Its small, powerful, and beats lugging around my 16" one. However, when I try to use cramster.com as a studying aid, I can't view the entire page and because of this I can't click the next, previous, or print slide functions. Because of this, the site is completely useless to me.

My question is is there any way to view the entire page, even on my small screen? I have tried using both firefox and internet explorer web browsers. There is no scroll bar on the side of the page with either browser. Cramster says you must be running Adobe Flash Player 8.0 or greater to view their solutions, which I am.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user

Default Re: I can't view the entire window, making it impossible for me - 03-11-2009, 08:18 PM

Minimum requirements:

ยท Operating System: Windows 98, 2000, XP, XP SP2, Vista, MAC
ยท Browser Compatibility: Internet Explorer IE 6.0+, Mozilla Firefox 2.0+, Netscape 9.0+ , Opera 9.0+
ยท Flash Player 8+
ยท 1024X768 Resolution

I got that off their website.

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old

Default Re: I can't view the entire window, making it impossible for me - 03-11-2009, 08:28 PM

There was a post about some code you could use to virtually increase the screen resolution that could be set for individual apps. I think it was applied to an OSX system, but maybe someone could adapt it to Unbutu or XP if needed.

It did not actually change the resolution, but scaled the window by a specific %.

Here's the thread

http://mydellmini.com/forum/virtually-i ... t2179.html
  (#4) Old

Default Re: I can't view the entire window, making it impossible for me - 03-11-2009, 11:32 PM

Try hitting crtl-- (that's control minus). I have to use that sometimes to manually zoom out and view certain pages.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: I can't view the entire window, making it impossible for me - 03-11-2009, 11:44 PM

Try kiosk mode. First maximize the browser window, then hit F11 (which is Fn+z on the Mini 9). This will reduce the amount of browser clutter at the top and bottom of the screen and make more of the web page visible.

Black Mini 9 2GB/64GB - XP
White Mini 9 2GB/4GB - UNR 9.10
  (#6) Old

Default Re: I can't view the entire window, making it impossible for me - 03-16-2009, 08:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.

As for the system requirements, all is fine there. I am running the mini9 with XP.

Thank you for the tip about ctrl -, that did minimize the size of the screen, but unfortunately the buttons that i need to click did not move with it...

And thanks for the way to get F1, that had always frustrated me.

I still haven't really solved the problem yet, maybe some can try out cramster.com themselves and see what I mean. Its a free site for trial. Thanks.
  (#7) Old
Retired Mini user

Default Re: I can't view the entire window, making it impossible for me - 03-16-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMartGuy
Thanks for the suggestions.

As for the system requirements, all is fine there. I am running the mini9 with XP.
It lists 1024x768 minimum resolution. The Mini's display is 1024x600.

Getting an iPad
  (#8) Old

Default Re: I can't view the entire window, making it impossible for me - 03-16-2009, 10:37 PM

I've got Leopard installed on my Mini 9 now, but while I was running XP, AsTray did the trick you're looking for.
  (#9) Old

Default Re: I can't view the entire window, making it impossible for me - 03-30-2009, 06:47 AM

I just got my Dell mini 9 mainly for cramster and had the same problem. I found that Opera's browser loads scroll bars on the solutions. I sucks but it works.

« Programs quitting unexpectedly | help wanted to use Nokia E51 as a modem with ubuntu »