Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default n00b - 03-11-2009, 01:50 PM

I've had my mini 9 (red! Ubuntu, 8G HD) for a couple of weeks now and it's a keeper. It may be the perfect machine for both a teacher and a student. The portability makes a huge difference because my classroom is set up in such a way that to hook up my desk top to the digital projector means running a long wire across the floor. In a room full of 9 year olds, it's just not a good idea. It's also convenient enough for me to just pop it in my bag (I got a timbuktu) and take it with me, so I don't have to worry about it getting snatched or played with in my absence. I also admit a certain glee in seeing my students getting exposure to linux and, due to the laptop's sturdiness, I don't have any particular qualms about letting my students use it. We're a technology magnet public school and our program coordinator is looking at trying to write a grant for laptop carts full of netbooks and he was pretty impressed by the dell. So, here's hoping.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: n00b - 03-13-2009, 03:41 AM

Welcome. Should be interesting.

« Hurray! Just ordered my Mini | Mini to TV »