Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Mac OS X - Apps Refuse to Install - Video Resolution - 03-07-2009, 08:25 PM

I just got my Mini 9 this past Friday. I'm not able to install Photoshop Elements 6 for the Mac because the installer halts and complains about the screen resolution. Is there any kind of work around for this issue? I searched for forums for the last 1/2 hour or so and did not see anything that might really help.

Thanks - The New Guy #_____ insert my place in queue there. :-)
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Mac OS X - Apps Refuse to Install - Video Resolution - 03-07-2009, 09:56 PM

Have you ran the EFI utility? I know immediately after install my resolution was very poor, but after I ran the EFI utility it improved it, but its still not anything great ( it is a 9" screen lol )

Dell XPS M1330 --- Windows 7
Dell Mini 9 w/ 2gb Ram /32gb Runcore Drive --- Running Leopard
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Mac OS X - Apps Refuse to Install - Video Resolution - 03-07-2009, 11:02 PM

Open the install package and modify the installation plist not to check for resolution. That's basically how to do it. I don't have that app but that's how I bypass requirements.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Mac OS X - Apps Refuse to Install - Video Resolution - 03-08-2009, 08:53 PM

Well bud if you have the time to figure that out then download the free demo from Adobe. :-)

A quick run thru for me and I discovered a very very complicated installer with a bit more inside then just some magical PLIST file to tweek. :-)

Later!
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Mac OS X - Apps Refuse to Install - Video Resolution - 03-09-2009, 04:58 AM

I don't need it, so I'm not going to download it. But try this... attach an external monitor and then try the install.
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Mac OS X - Apps Refuse to Install - Video Resolution - 03-18-2009, 05:58 PM

A much easier (and cheaper) solution would be to download and use GraphicConverter by Lemkesoft:

http://www.lemkesoft.com/content/24/downloadall.html

A LIFETIME license is only $34.95, the author updates and improves the software frequently, and it's SHAREWARE, fully functional, so you can "try before you buy". If you buy it online, you'll get a serial number within minutes. Oh, did I mention it only takes up 73.2 Mb of precious storage space on your Mini's SSD, vs Elements' WHOPPING 300Mb! It's also fast and best of all, runs on either the Mini's 9" screen or on an external display (I'm using it with a 17" flat panel) just fine? It does all that and more. Check it out, you won't be sorry!

-- Dell Mini 10v with 1 Gig RAM, 160 Gig HD, Running Dual-Boot - Mac OS-X 10.6.4 and Windows 7 Home Premium
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Mac OS X - Apps Refuse to Install - Video Resolution - 03-23-2009, 04:58 AM

thats odd because photoshop cs4 installed without any problems, and runs great, even though it looks kind of little.

« Hello and questions. | Why XSlimmer / Monolingual on Hackintosh Mini9? »