Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default SSD and RAM compatibility issues - 03-02-2009, 11:38 AM

Hey all,

Looking to buy a mini9 and was wondering if there are any compatibility issues with certain brands of ssd's or rams. I have a MBP and know how certain brands of HD's can affect a computer running OS X.

Also, is there a process of installing ssd/RAM? Before or after hacking? Is there a tutorial?

Thanks
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default Re: SSD and RAM compatibility issues - 03-02-2009, 02:16 PM

I have not heard of RAM compatibility issues other than a 2GB maximum. As long as the RAM you buy meets the minimum specs and is from an established vendor, it should be fine.

As for SSDs, there aren't a lot of choices here. You need to make sure that the one you buy is designed to fit and work in the Mini 9. If it's for the Asus Eee, it won't work. There are several brands available, but only the RunCore models outperform the stock SSD.

Instructions for replacing the RAM and SSD are provided in the Dell documentation. I would recommend changing one thing at a time to make sure the new components work.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Setting up wi-fi | Mini9 at retails stores? »